Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Middle Years Volume two!

Well as promised I must complete the saga.... I have to cleanse my palette before moving on to Whats Next!

The most important thing for sure about the Middle Years is the birth of my two kids A and R. They are without a doubt the best thing that happened in the 80's. For me and the world! Well, maybe mostly for my world. I dont want to sound tooo grandiose. Even though I do think they hung the moon...but, thats just my opinion. :-).

"A" was born in the condo just outside of Boulder. She was a beautiful baby, long eyelashes and rosey red lips. She even had a full head of black hair, which never fell out but grew out to a flaxen blonde, which made her look like a mini punk rocker till with much regret we snipped off the black ends. When we left from there, we moved into a house in a quaint little town between Denver and Boulder called Louisville. In Louisville "R" was born. When we drove to the hospital to have him .... I remember it was dark and cold and early about 5am. Bears folks had come to stay with "A" who was now almost 2 while we went off to welcome our next sweet bundle. We speculated on the way to the hospital weather we were having a boy or girl. We never did find out the sex of either of our kids...it was a fun surprise and it didn't matter anyway... We loved them even before they were here with us.

When we had "R" the hospital had just been remodelled and I remember friends coming to visit us in a Homestyle room w/lace curtains, soft wall paper and a big white rocker in the corner. The Hospital even brought us a room service style "Lobster Dinner" on china with a white table cloth and flowers. It was a fun memory and an unusual experience which I remember all these 24 years later.

Time passed quickly over the next 2 years we joined the LDS faith and were sealed together as a family in the Denver Temple. It was sweet and nice and a bond I hold very Sacred.

By the time "A" turned 4 we had left Colorado for Farmington, UT. We lived in a house just below the Farmington Cemetery. A rent to own. The funny thing about this house ... besides its shaking every time a bus drove by... was... While I was house hunting for a place I wore my sunglasses the whole time. It was a cute house decorated in that 70's leaf wall paper motif. But, what I didn't realize until we actually moved in was it had a Bright Lime Green carpet... that with my sunglasses on looked totally tan.... lol...I still have to laugh when I think about that

Years passed... the kids grew. I missed my family in Ohio and issues arose which started the cracks that would eventually contribute to the demise of our Marriage, Bears and I's. 2001 brought lots of change...separation.... divorce..... living in a fog.... and stepping over the edge of reality... I had great highs and great lows during these few years. I'm sorry for those I hurt. NOW, being years away from wrong decisions and the drama that is created in the whirlwind of divorce. I look back and wish some things HAD worked out and somethings HAD NOT worked out the way that they did. But all in all, being single has enriched my life in ways being married wouldn't have. I look forward now not back and I wish everyone peace and happiness and understanding as they proceed on their journeys....

So.... Whats Next!?

No comments:

Post a Comment